We focus on integrated, meaningful learning based on the New Zealand Curriculum. Our Aim is for our School Leavers to be confident, actively involved and connected lifelong learners.
- We break this down to develop personal learning programmes.
- All students have a Literacy and Mathematics programme. Senior students have a particular focus on life skills such as money and time.
- We foster a culture of high expectations for everyone.
- Work closely with parents.
- We engage and motivate students.
- We build positive relationships with students so we can hook them into learning by using their interests.
- We build confidence and a sense of wellbeing.
- Kapa Haka, music, visual art, and sports.
- Learning in the community and community participation
- Swimming, Riding Therapy, Shopping, Dog Therapy
- Food Technology.
- Hard Materials Technology.
- Digital competence, using touch screens, Interactive Whiteboards, iPads, computers and learning about cyber safety.